Jan 5, 2013

TOMATO RASAM

DSCN1515
        My Hubby loves rasam a lot. But I am just opposite to him. According to me I think that if we have fever then we should take rasam. This was my concept. In the beginning stage of cooking my rasam will not taste good. My hubby says it is like tamarind water. He said please do not make rasam. Then when I went to india I got some rasam powder mix. It also did not help me. So I searched different type of rasam and I found where I have done a blunder mistake. The problem was I left the rasam to boil for sometime. Now days I am preparing different types of rasam. My hubby asks me now to keep rasam daily. 

INGREDIENTS

TOMATO
1 Big
TAMARIND
A Small goose berry size
GARLIC
1 - 2
PEPPER
¾ Tsp
JEERA                              
½ Tsp
SALT
To Tase
TURMERIC POWDER
A Pinch
MUSTARD SEEDS
¼ Tsp
DRY RED CHILLY
1
ASAFOETIDA
A Pinch
CURRY LEAVES, CORAINDER   LEAVES
Few
OIL/GHEE
½ Tsp


STEP BY STEP PICTURES


DSCN1497
Take the tomato in a mixie jar.

DSCN1501
Grind the tomato into a puree.

DSCN1500
Crush pepper,jeera. Extract tamarind juice.

DSCN1505
Mix the tomato paste, pepper, jeera mixture, tamarind juice,crushed garlic,asafoetida,turmeric powder,salt,corainder leaves.

DSCN1506
In a kadai pour the rasam.

DSCN1507
When it starts frothing switch off the flame.

DSCN1508
Temper with  mustard seeds,Dry red chilly in oil/ghee. Pour it over the rasam.

DSCN1515
Taste it with hot steamed rice & potato fry.



No comments:

Post a Comment