Jan 23, 2013

SWEET CORN SOUP

DSCN2739
    I am not fond of soups. My mom used to prepare Tomato soup,Cauliflower soup only. When I saw this soup in Rak's kitchen ,it immediately tempted me because I love Sweet Corn.

INGREDIENTS

SWEET CORN
1 Cup
MILK
½ Cup
CORN FLOUR
1 Tsp
PEPPER POWDER,SALT
As Needed
SUGAR
½ Tsp

STEP BY STEP PICTURES

DSCN1377
Pressure cook the corn (I used frozen corn) by adding sugar .

DSCN2716
Drain  & reserve the water . Reserve some corns for garnishing.

DSCN2720
In a mixie jar grind the sweet corn .Use the reserved water for grinding. Strain it to remove the skin.

DSCN2722
This step is optional.

DSCN2714
Mix little water in the corn flour .Make sure no lumps is formed.

DSCN2728
Add milk & bring it to boil. Boil for 5 mins.

DSCN2732
Now add corn flour .Boil until it is thick.

DSCN2735
Transfer to a bowl & add salt,pepper powder.

DSCN2737
Now add the reserved corn kernels.

DSCN2738
Mix well. you can granish with corainder leaves.

1 comment:

  1. so comforting!!! Thanks for linking it to my event!! Looking for more yummy recipes!!
    Sowmya
    Ongoing Event - Tried and Tasted - Raks Kitchen
    Ongoing Event - Know Your Dairy - Cheese
    Ongoing Event - Dish it out - Lentils & Garlic

    ReplyDelete