Dec 15, 2012

MINT CHUTNEY

DSCN1227
           Whenever I buy a fresh bunch of mint leaves mainly for   preparing biryani, I usually reserve some for making pudhina/mint chutney.  Though my hubby does not like Pudhina smell (he says mint will smell like medicine). I generally try to use mint as minimum as possible. But this time I told him I will definitely make Pudhina chutney.

INGREDIENTS

MINT /PUDHINA LEAVES
1 Cup
GREEN CHILLY
5 - 6
GINGER
½ Inch
TAMARIND
Little Piece
COCONUT
½ Cup
POTTUKADALAI
1Tbsp
MUSTARD SEEDS
½ Tsp
URAD DHAL
½ Tsp
TURMERIC POWDER
A Pinch
SALT
To Taste
OIL
1 Tsp

STEP BY STEP PICTURES

DSCN1221
Wash the mint leaves.Heat oil in kadai add the mint leaves. Saute it till it shrinks.

DSCN1223
In a mixie jar add coconut,pottukadalai,green chilly, ginger,turmeric,tamarind,salt.

DSCN1224
Now add the saute mint leaves along with the coconut mixture.

DSCN1225
Grind it to a smooth paste.Temper with mustard seeds,urad dhal

DSCN1226
Serve with idly/dosai/upma.
NOTES
  • You can also add coriander leaves along with mint leaves, it will taste differently.
  • You can skip coconut also.



No comments:

Post a Comment