Nov 25, 2012

TOMATO PACHADI

            
                        While I was surfing in Aarthi's blog, I came across this Pachadi. It caught my eyes immediately bcoz of its simple ingredients. A big thanks to Aarthi. It was so easy to prepare. So i am sharing this receipe. The comment given by my Hubby after tasting this Pachadi is "It is like a Pulicheri (kerala dish)". He was born and brought up in Kerala. So he likes Kerala Dishes a lot. I got a Thums Up from my Hubby.The credit goes to the Owner of the Site YUMMY TUMMY.
Here goes the receipe


INGREDIENTS

BIG ONION
1 No
TOMATO
4 No
CURD
1 Tsp
COCONUT
½ Cup
GREEN CHILLY
1 No
SALT
To Taste
SUGAR
A Pinch
OIL
1 Tbsp

To TEMPER

MUSTARD
¼ Tsp
URAD DHAL
¼ Tsp
JEERA
¼ Tsp
ASAFOETIDA/HING
A Pinch
DRY RED CHILLY
1 No
CURRY LEAVES
Few


STEP BY STEP PICTURES

Take Coconut & Green Chilly in a mixie. Grind it to a fine paste 

 Chop Onions & Tomatoes

 In a kadai heat oil and add Onions

 Followed by tomatoes

 Add Salt


 Add Sugar

 Cover with lid & cook it until the tomatoes are mushy


Now add the  grounded paste

 Allow it boil until oil separates

 
 Allow it to cool and add curd

Now its time to temper

                    Tomato pachadi is ready                          

Super cool


 It can be served with Chappati & Paratha




1 comment:

  1. Dear Meenal thanks for visiting my blog. You have a nice space here. Its my first time here.

    Regarding your question about Vellai Paniyaram, I have link in my blog http://elvisalakshi.blogspot.com/2013/01/vellai-paniyaram.html.

    Try to follow the recipe to the "T". If raw sappadu rice is not available there then you can use Basmati rice also. The kadai which you have shown here is good enough. Do not fill to much oil in it. And try to keep care of the consistency of the batter.

    Hope this is helpful to you. Let me know if you have any doubts. I would more than happy if I can help you.

    ReplyDelete