Nov 25, 2012

CORAINDER TOMATO CHUTNEY


                                 DSCN0785

       I love Chutneys a lot. Whatever type of chutney it may be I would like to have it with Pongal, Dosai & Idly. During my school days my mom used to prepare different type of chutneys. I still remember the morning days in which I had the hot Idly topped with ghee and different types of chutney as side dish. When I was very small I remember an incident when my aunt packed me Idly with ghee along with chutney for my school lunch. In the evening when I returned home, i was crying to her  saying that you did not spread  ghee on Idly and only chutney was there. She told that ghee would have been melted and so i could not find anything. But I did not believe her words. Later on I understood the fact. Now here the recipe goes on....

INGREDIENTS


BIG ONION
1 No
TOMATO
2 No
DRY RED CHILLY
2 No
TAMARIND,GINGER
A Pinch
CORIANDER
A Small Bunch
SALT
To Taste
OIL
1 Tbsp
MUSTARD
½ Tsp
URAD DHAL
½ Tsp
ASAFOETIDA/HING
A Pinch
CURRY LEAVES
Few


STEP BY STEP PICTURES
 DSCN0749
 Take your Ingredients
DSCN0753
 Chop Onions,Tomato,Ginger
DSCN0757
Heat oil in a Kadai. Add onion and fry it
DSCN0758
Add Tomatoes, Ginger and fry it till it turns mushy,then add red Chillies
DSCN0760
Add Hing, Salt,Tamarind (you can add curry leaves) 
DSCN0764
Switch off the flame and add the Coriander leaves. (It will shrink automatically)
DSCN0765
Let it cool down.
DSCN0776
Transfer to a mixie jar and grind it to a smooth paste. 
DSCN0777
     It is ready to temper.Heat oil in a kadai. Add Mustard, Urad dal.
DSCN0785
 Hot & Spicy Chutney is ready
We had this chutney along with Ven Pongal,sambar.
                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment